About the Mentorship Scheme
The ILD-IN Mentorship Scheme, provides an opportunity for health care professionals working in ILD to receive guidance and advice from a dedicated Mentor.
How to Apply
Mentors and their brief biographies will be available on our website. When requesting a mentor, mentees should be clear about what they wish to gain from the mentor – mentee relationship. Mentees will be advised to be both clear and honest with themselves about their medium to long term goals.
Applications for mentorship will be screened by the ILD-IN mentoring sub-committee who will pair up the mentor mentee.
Mentors to the scheme have diverse professional and research backgrounds. They all have mentoring experience and are researchers and /or clinical leaders within ILD health professions.
Please return the completed application by email to: email@example.com
We would like to thank Roche Pharmaceuticals and EU-IPFF for supporting the Mentorship Scheme.
Mentor Day 2020
Mentees and mentors will be need to attend the Crowne Plaza Solihull on Wednesday 18th March 2020. The venue is located a 15 minute walk from the Solihull Train station. Each mentee will be paired with a mentor, for the following year and will have the opportunity across the two days to set goals for the partnership.
Choosing a Mentor
When selecting nominations, the mentees will be asked to consider the following:
- What support do you currently have? It may make sense to nominate a mentor who complements the experience of your existing mentors/supervisors, rather than replicating their expertise.
- What are your future career plans/aspirations? Choosing a mentor working, or with relevant experience, in your planned future field may help you to progress in that direction.
- What is your own current research and clinical experience? If you are strongly embedded in practice, you may wish to strengthen your links to academia.
- What are your personal preferences in terms of contact and communication? If you prefer face-to-face contact you will need to choose a mentor who is geographically convenient. Do you want to work clinically with your mentor or have discussion based support – again face to face or via Skype/Join Me
- Please don’t automatically choose a mentor from the same professional background as yourself. It can be valuable to work with someone from a different profession, as they can offer a different perspective.
- Please get in touch if you need any further information, help or advice
Becoming a Mentor
We are looking to recruit Mentors from a diverse clinical, educational, research and professional background with varied skills and experience. If you feel able to offer your services as an ILD-IN Mentor please send us your Bio using the downloadable template. We would be delighted to hear from you.
ILD-IN Mentor Information
Mentee’s have the option to select a mentor you would like from the following list.
Click any of the names to download their profile.